Visitors to Greece may require medical care during their stay.The HWB health card protects them from:
- Waiting in long lines and any potential stressful ordeals in public hospitals.
- Restricted availability of beds during tourist periods.
- The high cost of private healthcare providers.
- Language barrier problems due to remote geographical areas.
- Defective medical care in difficult to approach geographical areas
- Insufficient first-degree healthcare provisionas most insurance policies cover mainly secondary care.
The HWB health card secures access to privileged medical services, regardless of age or medical history.